Friday, March 22, 2013

I love collaboration!  Today at our Foundations training, we had the opportunity to work in small "expert groups" and learn from each other.  At first, I met with a group and discussed Westward Expansion.  We talked about how difficult it can be to find primary resources that represent the Native American perspective on this topic.  We share our understanding of the importance of building historical presentism with our students and discussed great project ideas and resources.

In my next group, we talked about the latest technology.  We shared great apps and how to use them effectively in the classroom.  We researched the differences between IMovie and Videostar, and talked about how to use them to enliven the curriculum.  I now have a long list of apps and sites to learn more about over the Spring Break.

It was so valuable to learn from my colleagues!  I am newly invigorated and just need the time to continue the exploration!

No comments:

Post a Comment